Our team members have a strong work ethic and value a highly professional, collaborative environment. We are leaders, driven to deliver a best in class product, and we’re passionate about our work and the opportunity to be part of the CLS team. Customer satisfaction and a first-class resident experience are of utmost importance to us. We show up each day to work at CLS because we want to, not because we need to.
As an elite owner-operator, we understand that success is achieved by hiring great people, and providing them with the tools and guidance needed to do their job well. If you are excited by the opportunity to set a new industry standard, apply now and explore what CLS can offer you.
string(11) "Atlanta, GA"
string(9) "Tampa, FL"
string(10) "Newark, DE"
string(14) "Binghamton, NY"
string(15) "Hattiesburg, MS"
string(14) "Greensboro, NC"
string(14) "Carrollton, GA"
string(8) "Lutz, FL"
string(14) "Statesboro, GA"
string(14) "Tuscaloosa, AL"
["Corpus Christi, TX"]=>
string(18) "Corpus Christi, TX"
string(13) "Manhattan, KS"
["Iowa City, IA"]=>
string(13) "Iowa City, IA"
string(12) "Kennesaw, GA"
["College Station, TX"]=>
string(19) "College Station, TX"
string(8) "Ames, IA"
["Ann Arbor, MI"]=>
string(13) "Ann Arbor, MI"
string(11) "Lubbock, TX"
["San Marcos, TX"]=>
string(14) "San Marcos, TX"
string(10) "Athens, GA"
string(12) "Lawrence, KS"
string(16) "Harrisonburg, VA"
string(15) "Nacogdoches, TX"
string(13) "Pensacola, FL"
Choose a Location
View your Opportunities
Facilities Operations Manager
Campus Life & Style, Austin, TX
We are looking for a Facilities Operations Manager to join the Campus Life & Style Facilities and Construction Management team. Reporting directly to the National Director of Facilities, this position will be responsible for the daily support of Maintenance Operations for a multi-site portfolio.
The successful candidate will oversee their assigned properties maintenance operations, preventative and corrective maintenance and must be technically proficient with an excellent working knowledge of all general building, Life Safety, and mechanical systems.
- Responsible for a multi-site portfolio/region
- Provide daily technical and administrative support to all assigned properties or region
- Develop a working rapport with all Regional Directors, General Managers and Maintenance Supervisors
- Conduct annual asset evaluations and assist with Capital Planning
- Assist in evaluating existing processes and or protocols and provide input to improve best practices
- Implementation of new maintenance programs or initiatives
- Conduct bi-weekly calls with Maintenance Supervisors
- Coordinate and conduct onsite training of all established maintenance programs and protocols
- Coordinate and conduct training webinars with onsite maintenance staff
- Plan and schedule periodic site visits and or if warranted by an emergency
- Train and implement Campus Life & Style defined maintenance absolutes
- Responsible for ensuring all sites are conducting and adhering to their annual preventive maintenance plan
- Train and implement mobile work order platform to include Entrata Training
- Periodically evaluate assigned properties workload and provide recommendations and or assistance as needed
- Ensure all annual life safety inspections are conducted as scheduled and compliant
- When visiting a site, provide administrative and/or hands-on technical support or assistance as needed with existing maintenance issues
- Work with Regional Directors, GMs, and Maintenance Supervisors to identify property specific maintenance focus areas and implement structured improvement plans
- Monitor maintenance expenses and assist with managing maintenance budgets
- Assist with annual budget planning
- Annual turn planning
- Assist with new acquisitions and due diligence as needed
- Assist other regions as needed
- Assist with Capital Projects and coordinate repairs with onsite staff while maintaining full accountability and responsibility of assigned projects
- Responsible for lender mandates for assigned properties or region
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Organize and plan meetings with project managers and site staff as needed
- Communicate timeline changes and new information to team; track project changes and adjust schedules as needed
- Monitor current projects and coordinates all team members involved to keep workflow on track
- Provide administrative support for projects to include but not limited to Contract processing, vendor set up, coding and processing invoices
- Other duties as assigned
- Will accept verifiable work experience
- At least 5 years of continuous experience in a facilities management position or in a maintenance supervisory position
- Multi-site management experience is required
- Strong technical and working knowledge of building systems and general building maintenance
- Strong technical and working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems
- Must be EPA Certified
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized with a structured approach to overseeing and executing responsibilities
- Good computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite, strong working knowledge of Excel
- Able to work effectively under pressure and meet set timelines or deadlines
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Multi-family experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts
- Budget management
- CAD experience not required but helpful
- Customer service oriented
Travel is required