Seeking individuals interested in starting a career in Facilities and Maintenance and joining our Campus Life & Style Family. The Maintenance Assistant position is considered an entry level maintenance position. Candidates need not have prior maintenance experience; however, prior experience is a plus. Basic duties include groundskeeping, cleaning, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, sheetrock/paint, make readies, unit inspections, or any other services as it relates to resident work orders and general property upkeep.
General Job Description / Responsibilities
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to build a team of highly motivated, skilled, organized and productive individuals who work well together and represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Provide first-class customer service to prospects and residents. Ensure that all requests are handled promptly and professionally.
- Consistently maintain professional quality of workmanship, communication, personal appearance, organization, and reporting.
- Assist office staff in maintaining occupancy at or above 99% and collections at or above 99% of potential income.
- Help manager achieve the highest possible net operating income (NOI) through the implementation of effective cost control; revenue improvement efforts (focusing on resident bill-backs, and other income items); and effective budget management
- Ensure that property is clean, maintained, and safe for residents, prospects, employees, and visitors at all times including offices, common areas, stairwells, exteriors, basements, grounds, exteriors, etc.
- Maintain grounds and landscaping. Clean all common areas and offices, models, units as needed
- Identify and react to potential situations which would cause liability to the property or management company.
- Identify and implement ways to improve the curb appeal, with approval from Manager.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to conduct analysis of expenses on a regular basis to determine items and methods for expense cutting
- Strive at all times to maintain good work ethics and good company morale.
- Complete all work orders in a timely, professional, and courteous manner, and clean up thoroughly before leaving the unit, or at the end of each work session.
- When completing work orders ensure all work that is caused by a resident’s act or neglect is properly billed back to resident. Collect proof, pictures, and documentation as needed.
- Work with leasing office on scheduling service requests and other maintenance work to maximize resident satisfaction.
- Whenever possible, execute work and repairs “in-house” and find other ways to reduce the property’s expenses.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with vendor bidding and management as needed
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all necessary maintenance materials are on site as needed, organized, and inventoried. Plan ahead
- Always keep an organized and safe maintenance shop and storage areas
- Follow all code, legal, OSHA, and compliance statutes.
- Maintain good resident relations and promptly inform property manager of any potential or existing problems. Communications with residents should be cordial and professional at all times.
- Assist in building positive relationships with neighbors, the community, the school, and city departments.
- Communicate needs, ideas, and problems effectively with Manager.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required; keep all necessary insurances and licenses up to date.
- Walk the properties daily to ensure that all physical aspects are always functional, safe, and maintained in an attractive condition to achieve maximum curb appeal.
Click Here to Apply Now