Our team members have a strong work ethic and value a highly professional, collaborative environment. We are leaders, driven to deliver a best in class product, and we’re passionate about our work and the opportunity to be part of the CLS team. Customer satisfaction and a first-class resident experience are of utmost importance to us. We show up each day to work at CLS because we want to, not because we need to.
As an elite owner-operator, we understand that success is achieved by hiring great people, and providing them with the tools and guidance needed to do their job well. If you are excited by the opportunity to set a new industry standard, apply now and explore what CLS can offer you.
string(11) "Waco, Texas"
["Conway, South Carolina"]=>
string(22) "Conway, South Carolina"
["Charleston , South Carolina"]=>
string(27) "Charleston , South Carolina"
string(10) "Denton, TX"
string(13) "Lexington, KY"
string(11) "Houston, TX"
["Murfreesboro , Tennessee"]=>
string(24) "Murfreesboro , Tennessee"
string(14) "Binghamton, NY"
[" Edmond , OK"]=>
string(12) " Edmond , OK"
string(12) "Columbia, MO"
string(12) "Kennesaw, GA"
string(10) "Auburn, AL"
string(12) "Richmond, VA"
string(16) "Indianapolis, IN"
string(15) "Bloomington, IN"
string(16) "Harrisonburg, VA"
string(9) "Tampa, FL"
string(10) "Newark, DE"
string(15) "Hattiesburg, MS"
string(14) "Greensboro, NC"
string(14) "Carrollton, GA"
string(8) "Lutz, FL"
string(14) "Statesboro, GA"
string(14) "Tuscaloosa, AL"
["Corpus Christi, TX"]=>
string(18) "Corpus Christi, TX"
string(13) "Manhattan, KS"
["Iowa City, IA"]=>
string(13) "Iowa City, IA"
["College Station, TX"]=>
string(19) "College Station, TX"
string(8) "Ames, IA"
["Ann Arbor, MI"]=>
string(13) "Ann Arbor, MI"
string(11) "Lubbock, TX"
["San Marcos, TX"]=>
string(14) "San Marcos, TX"
string(12) "Lawrence, KS"
Choose a Location
View your Opportunities
River Pointe, University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA
Seeking a qualified Maintenance Technician to join our Campus Life & Style Family. This position is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor run a customer-centric Facilities program. Job duties include the ability to work independently or as part of a team to assist in the timely completion of resident work orders, make readies, preventive maintenance tasks, and general property curb appeal. Candidates must have a minimum 2 years’ experience in facilities and maintenance with a general to advanced working knowledge of the following systems.
Experience/ Job Qualifications:
- Minimum two years of continuous experience as a working technician
- Residential appliance repairs (washers, dryers, ovens, microwaves, refrigerators, dishwashers, garbage disposals)
- HVAC (EPA certification not required, but a plus)
- Basic working knowledge of building plumbing systems
- Basic working knowledge of building electrical systems
- Make-ready experience a plus
- Basic construction (sheetrock patch/texture/paint, flooring, carpentry)
General Job Description / Responsibilities
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to build a team of highly motivated, skilled, organized, and productive individuals who always work well together and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Provide first-class customer service to prospects and residents. Ensure that all requests are handled promptly and professionally.
- Consistently maintain professional quality of workmanship, communication, personal appearance, organization, and reporting.
- Assist office staff in maintaining occupancy at or above 99% and collections at or above 99% of potential income.
- Help manager achieve the highest possible net operating income (NOI) through the implementation of effective cost control; revenue improvement efforts (focusing on resident bill-backs and other income items); and effective budget management
- Ensure that property is clean, maintained, and safe for residents, prospects, employees, and visitors at all times including offices, common areas, stairwells, exteriors, basements, grounds, exteriors, etc.
- Identify and react to potential situations which would cause liability to the property or management company.
- Analyze physical state of properties and identify and implement ways to improve the curb appeal, with approval from Manager.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to conduct analysis of expenses on a regular basis to determine items and methods for expense cutting
- Always strive to maintain good work ethics and good company morale.
- Complete all work orders in a timely, professional, and courteous manner, and clean up thoroughly before leaving the unit, or at the end of each work session.
- When completing work orders, ensure all work that is caused by a resident’s act or neglect is properly billed back to resident. Collect proof, pictures, and documentation as needed.
- Work with leasing office on scheduling service requests and other maintenance work to maximize resident satisfaction.
- Whenever possible, execute work and repairs “in-house” and find other ways to reduce the property’s expenses.
- Ensure maintenance vehicles and equipment are kept clean and maintained properly to maximize lifespan.
- Ensure that all equipment and machinery is kept in good condition. This includes but is not limited to: domestic hot water heaters, boilers and furnaces, air conditioning units and pumps, storage tanks. Conduct routine maintenance and inspections.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with vendor bidding and management.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all necessary maintenance materials are on site as needed, organized, and inventoried. Plan ahead
- Always keep an organized and safe maintenance shop and storage areas
- Perform and record quarterly inspections, complete work in timely manner, and ensure proper resident bill-backs.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to manage a successful turn by scheduling and management of all maintenance staff and vendors (in cooperation with the property manager) including cleaners, painters, grounds people, courtesy guards, etc.
- Participate in a prompt and effective snow removal program, as needed, to ensure safety and minimize liability.
- Work with city as needed to obtain proper permits and licenses.
- For the safety of the community, ensure all exterior lighting is always functional and sufficient, oversee inspections.
- Set and adhere to realistic project deadlines and update Manager of progress.
- Assist management in creation of projects’ plans and budgets as needed.
- Perform additional inspections as needed to collect and record data (IE: asset inventory, floor plan collection, etc.)
- Follow all code, legal, OSHA, and compliance statutes.
- Maintain good resident relations and promptly inform property manager of any potential or existing problems. Communications with residents should always be cordial and professional.
- Assist in building positive relationships with neighbors, the community, the school, and city departments.
- Communicate needs, ideas, and problems effectively with Manager.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required; keep all necessary insurances and licenses up to date.
- Walk the properties daily to ensure that all physical aspects are always functional, safe, and maintained in an attractive condition to achieve maximum curb appeal.